Concerns / Complaints 

Peel Group Practice aims to give a friendly and professional service to all our patients. If you are unhappy about something Peel Group Practice has done, has failed to do or a decision they have made, please bring your concern to the attention of any member of staff. Our staff will try to resolve the matter if they can, or refer it to someone better able to help. If you have any complaints about any part of our service, please address them to our Operations Manager. You can email your complaint to, send it by post or talk to us face to face or on the telephone. 

Manx Care Advice and Liaison Service

If you don’t wish to contact the practice or you are unhappy about something to do with Manx Care, you can contact the Manx Care Advice and Liaison Service (MCALS) and they will be able to help you. MCALS can offer support when you want to tell Manx Care about a concern, but don't want to make a complaint. MCALS are able to signpost possible sources of support, depending on the nature of your complaint.

Manx Care Advice and Liaison Service

Telephone: (01624) 642642



Complaint receipt and acknowledgment

Once we have received your complaint, we will send you an acknowledgement letter within five working days offering you a face to face meeting to discuss your complaint.

Formal investigation

We will provide you with a written response (by letter or email, whichever is preferred) within 20 working days of our receipt of your complaint. This response may be a final outcome letter or it may be an update letter, detailing progress to date with an indication of when the investigation may be concluded. We will endeavour to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible; however in the event the complaint exceeds six months you will be notified of your right to escalate your complaint for independent review by the Health and Social Care Ombudsman Body.

What if I am not happy with my response?

If you are not happy with the response that you receive, or you have not received a response within six months, you have the option to refer your complaint to the Health and Social Care Ombudsman Body (HSCOB) for independent review.

The HSCOB will review your complaint and make a final decision about it. You can request a review by the HSCOB up to 12 months after the date on which you became aware of the matter alleged in the complaint, or up to six months after a decision in writing has been issued: whichever is later.

The HSCOB can be contacted at

Health and Social Care Ombudsman Body



IM99 1UT


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website