Access to Patient Information
Data is handled with complete discretion and in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Information is only passed to authorised 3rd parties and with patient's informed consent, where necessary in writing. You will also be asked for a Password for security purposes.
Complaints and Suggestions
Peel Group Practice aims to give a friendly and professional service to all our patients. However, if you have any complaints about any aspect of our service, please address them in the first instance to our Assistant Manager.
In the majority of cases, concerns can be resolved quite easily. However if you feel we have not dealt with the issues you have raised as you would wish, you can write to Family Practitioner Services at Crookall House, Demesne Road, Douglas, IM1 3QA, Tel no 642608. If you wish to make a suggestion on how we can improve our service please post a note in the suggestion box in reception.
Rights & Responsibilities
Patients have a right to courtesy, privacy and confidentiality. You can help us by
- Being on time for your appointment.
- Letting us know if you need to cancel. Defaulting attendance at appointments wastes time and adds to the patient's waiting list. It is discourteous and increases the suffering of others.
- Telephoning for an emergency appointment as soon after 8am as possible.
- Telephoning for a home visit before 10am.
- Prescription requests should be made in writing 48 hours before they are required.
- Your doctor may be called out on an emergency and you will be informed of any undue delay. You may wait or reschedule your appointment, and your understanding in this matter is much appreciated.
Violent or Abusive Patients
We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and expect our patients to treat our staff in a similarly respectful way. We take seriously any threatening, abusive or violent behaviour against any of our staff or patients. If a patient is violent or abusive, they will be warned to stop their behaviour. If they persist, we may exercise our right to take action to have them removed, immediately if necessary, from our list of patients and they may be reported to the Police.